Momentum Joins Sterling Heights Chamber of Commerce
September 11th, 2012 by Adam Sgammotta
Momentum, LLC is a member of The Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce as of August 28th 2012.
The Sterling Heights Chamber of Commerce is one of largest Chambers in Michigan and the largest in the Southeast Michigan / Macomb County Area. They started as a localized chamber in 1961 and now have over 1,600 members in cities across Michigan such as Mt. Clemens, Sterling Heights, Utica, Clinton Township, Anchor Bay, New Baltimore, Chesterfield, Shelby Township, Troy, Macomb Township, Warren, Roseville, Ira Township, Centerline, Eastpointe, Berkley, Fraser and more!
We decided to join this particular chamber after thoroughly researching our options which included city chambers, private networking groups and networking organizations within southeast Michigan.
Some of the positives that we noticed about The Sterling Heights Chamber of Commerce in comparison to the other candidates included:
- Membership Benefits – We soon realized that joining a chamber was more than getting a fancy plaque. The chamber provides its members with a plethora of valuable resources such as legal counsel, discounted services, free exposure and other highly recommended services. Most businesses within the chamber have special service offerings that have been created specifically for chamber members.
- Networking, Networking, Networking! – One of the biggest draws we found was the business networking groups within the chamber. SHRCCI has a trademarked program called Business Resource Alliance Group™ or (BRAG™) for short. BRAG™ is made of multiple groups of local business owners and representatives. The main function of this program is to network with like-minded businesses within the area to form strategic alliances and ultimately lead to more business and relationships through sharing referrals.(It’s our second week and we’ve already provided a couple referrals and well as received some!)
- Chamber Events – The SHRCCI does a wonderful job in organizing a broad range of events throughout the year. Some are very focused on business and strategy and others are well.. PUB CRAWLS! These diverse event types allow you to build very deep relationships with fellow chambers members – relationships that would far exceed others that were strictly built in a stuffy business environment.
- The Anchor Bay Chamber of Commerce - In 2010 SHRCCI partnered with The Anchor Bay Chamber of Commerce; adding strength in numbers while covering more area; Now businesses in areas such as Chesterfield Twp., Ira Twp., Lenox Twp., New Baltimore, and New Haven have been added to the mix. This was a great indication to us that the SHRCCI is never satisfied it their pursuit of greatness and creating long lasting business relationships in Southeast Michigan.
- Other Michigan Website Design Companies - There are approximately 10 other companies within the chamber that provide website design, web development and internet marketing services. Most individuals would look at this as a negative but we believe that mind of thinking is a bit old fashioned. Collaborating with competitors and seeking out potential business opportunities has never hurt anyone.. if nothing else you can “keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer!”
I would highly recommend researching local chambers and networking groups near your business. They provide great opportunities for growth and exposure for your business. Some other benefits also include personal growth – such as public speaking, overcoming shyness and making new friends.
Look out for more updates about the chamber! If you have any questions or would like to get more information about joining visit http://www.suscc.com/