With the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), a respiratory disease that can result in serious illness or death, the state of Michigan recently gave an executive order for residents to remain at home until April 13, 2020, (now extended through the end of April). This proclamation has forced businesses all over the state to adapt their businesses as best as they can.
Luckily with today’s technology, most jobs can still be done from the comfort of a person’s home. However, most might not be aware of the many tools available that can make working from home just as effective as being in the office.
Here are a few applications, that we at Momentum, feel will make this transition a little bit easier for our fellow Michiganders.
- Slack – With all of your communication and tools in one place, remote teams will stay productive no matter where you’re working from.
- Skype – Stay in touch! Free online calls, messaging, affordable international calling to mobiles or landlines and Skype for Business for effective collaboration.
- Facebook Messenger (free)
- Zoom – Remote conferencing service that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration.
- Microsoft Teams – Microsoft Teams is a hub for teamwork in Office 365. Keep all your team’s chats, meetings, files, and apps together in one place.
- Discord – Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text, whether you’re part of a school club, a nightly gaming group, a worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to hang out.
- Uber Conference – With robust features and an intuitive and user-friendly interface, UberConference is an amazing software for web conferencing and online meetings.
- Google Calendar – Time-management and scheduling calendar service developed by Google
- CRM / Project Management
- ProjectManger.com – A project management software with multiple feature options for users, including Kanban boards, Gantt charts, and birds-eye Dashboard views to keep team members’ work aligned. It also supports integrations with Zapier, Office Suite, Google Apps and more.
- File Sharing
- G-Suite – An integrated suite of secure, cloud-native collaboration and productivity apps powered by Google AI. Includes Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Meet and more.